We worship every Sunday at 9:00 a.m. Our worship is a blend of traditional liturgy and hymns with contemporary prayers, songs, and a sermon that challenges us to faithful living in today’s world. Children’s Time is part of our worship experience, with a nursery available for young children as needed. The building is handicapped accessible.
We offer Faith Formation classes to children grades K through 6 from September to May. Classes start at 10:30 a.m. The children participate in worship throughout the year with offertory, special music and leading worship service.
Special services during the year include: a family and candlelight Christmas Eve service at 7:00 p.m., Ash Wednesday service, Maundy Thursday simple meal and reenactment of Jesus’ Last Supper, Good Friday Tenebrae worship, outdoor worship, occasional Taize vesper services, a community Thanksgiving service, and a variety of other worship and education opportunities.
Faith Formation students hand out handmade Easter cards to members of the congregation.
Members of Linfield UCC seek to serve the church and community in many ways. These include…
- Hold monthly Community Dinners the last Friday of the month
- Collect and distribute food for Spring-Ford Project Outreach
- Collect and distribute hygiene products to local Women’s Shelter
- Participate in “Bags of Hope”
- Participate in CROP Walk (for hunger)
- Work on Habitat for Humanity projects
- Visit sick and homebound church members
- Participate in work projects at the church
We offer financial support to many mission and service programs. These include:
- Bethany Children’s Home
- Wyncote Church Home
- Lancaster Theological Seminary
- Mensch Mill Church Camp
- Spring-Ford Project Outreach
- Church World Service (Blanket Sunday)
- Our Church’s Wider Mission*
- One Great Hour of Sharing*
- Neighbors in Need*
- Strengthen the Church*
- The Christmas Fund*
* Denominational programs