We worship every Sunday at 9:00 a.m. Our worship is a blend of traditional liturgy and hymns with contemporary prayers, songs, and a sermon that challenges us to faithful living in today’s world. Children’s Time is part of our worship experience, with a nursery available for young children as needed. The building is handicapped accessible.
We offer Faith Formation classes to children grades K through 6 from September to May. Classes start at 10:30 a.m. The children participate in worship throughout the year with offertory, special music and leading worship service.
Special services during the year include: a family and candlelight Christmas Eve service at 7:00 p.m., Ash Wednesday service, Maundy Thursday simple meal and reenactment of Jesus’ Last Supper, Good Friday Tenebrae worship, outdoor worship, occasional Taize vesper services, a community Thanksgiving service, and a variety of other worship and education opportunities.
Members of Linfield UCC seek to serve the church and community in many ways. These include…
- Hold monthly Community Luncheons the third Saturday of the month
- Collect and distribute food for Spring-Ford Project Outreach
- Participate in “Bags of Hope” for recovery from addiction
- Participate in CROP Walk (for hunger)
- Visit sick and homebound church members
- Participate in work projects at the church
- Support mission to El Salvado